I’ll work with you to ensure that your voice and your intent are both coming through clearly.
- Suggest revisions to strengthen content, tighten sentences and make the work as a whole flow smoothly.
- Point out where sections could be rearranged or added to.
- Suggest what to cut or what to expand on to reach desired word count.
- Copy edit after big-picture edits.
I’ll make sure your writing shines, down to the smallest details.
- Fix style inconsistencies and spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes
- Suggest solutions for awkward word choice, sentence structure and flow.
- Check accuracy of statistics, names, dates, etc.
In the years I managed RELEVANT magazine’s web content, I read thousands of article submissions. I’ve seen what separates those that get published from those that don’t. Starting a blog or submitting article pitches and want some feedback? I’ll track changes and make suggestions as I edit your piece, talking you through some common mistakes in your writing and how to hone in on what you want to say in a way that’s clear and engaging.
I’ve written all sorts of things—news articles, profiles (on anything and anyone from bands to business owners to community leaders), Q&As, newsletters, blog posts, tweets, etc. I love conducting interviews and gathering research for articles, and (especially since I’ve been on the editing end of things) I turn in clean copy and stick to deadlines.